July 15: Music, Literature—& Understanding Ourselves!
An exciting event this coming Saturday, July 15 at the Aesthetic Realism Foundation in #NYC: Music, Literature—& Understanding Ourselves! It will feature Eli Siegel’s lecture on Henry James’ Daisy Miller, part of an Aesthetic Realism lesson on pride and vanity (and who doesn’t need to understand that?), and—a day following Bastille Day—a stirring paper on The Marseillaise. This will be a great time and a chance to learn about yourself and everyone!
About Works of Literature
- Poems about Sadness
- Poems by Sterling A. Brown
- Poems by John Keats
- Poems by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- “The Nose,” by Nikolai Gogol
- “Strange Meeting,” by Wilfred Owen
- “The Last Leaf,” by O. Henry
- “The Necklace,” by Guy de Maupassant
- The Custom of the Country, by Edith Wharton
- The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
- Vanity Fair, by William Makepeace Thackeray
- About Literature
About Notable Women